Position Title: Family Ministries Assistant Director
Position Reports To: Family Ministries Director
The Family Ministries Assistant Director role provides administrative and programmatic support
to Family Ministries. Administrative duties include, but are not limited to, preparing lessons for
children and youth, leading and assisting with classes and gatherings, event planning and
execution, communication with families, interaction through social media and email, and
collaboration with church staff and volunteers.
● Sets up classrooms and materials.
● Prepares lesson materials.
● Teaches and assists with classes as needed.
● Leads and assists with youth group gatherings and functions.
● Assists with volunteer recruitment efforts.
● Communicates with parents, volunteers, & guests through various communication tools.
● Participates in outings and events.
● Additional tasks as requested by Family Ministries Director and Senior Pastor.
● A desire and calling to serve children, youth and their families.
● Exceptional communication skills.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, email, and social media.
● Exhibits a high level of personal and professional integrity.
● Committed to learn, adapt, and grow.
● Proactively seeks solutions to challenges.
Work Hours & Benefits:
This is a salaried, part-time position, averaging 10 hours/week. A typical work week would
include Sunday morning and evening, and at least one other weekday. Participation is also
expected during occasional outings and retreats, which may include overnight travel with
transportation provided. Benefits include 2 weeks of paid vacation, available after 12 weeks of
Interested in Applying? Send a copy of your resume and a cover letter to Associate Pastor
Seth Evans at seth [at] londonfumc.org