Summit United Methodist Church, 82 East 16th., Columbus, OH 43201
The Accompanist engages in this urban, diverse, progressive, and dynamic congregation, bringing their love, skills, and passion for a wide range of music.
Staff: The accompanist is a part-time hourly member of the staff and is expected to work approximately 4 hours each week during the choir season. They are included in all staff events.
Purpose: Accompanies the choir with piano music for all worship services and other occasional gatherings.
● Provides piano music for all principal worship services occurring on every Sunday of each month, including special weekday services: Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week, and special programs when the choir is in session
● Provide accompaniment support at all rehearsals for the Summit Singers Choir.
● Be open to collaborative musical projects outside of choir responsibilities.
● Participates in the life of the church.
● Ability to demonstrate excellent technique in performance on the piano.
● Relational skills that welcome diverse persons and are conducive to team ministry. Work cooperatively and acceptably with those in supervision/leadership.
● Fluent sight-reading skills
● Ability to accompany choirs, singers, and instruments in a variety of genre.
● Ability to play a wide variety of musical styles.
Coordination: The accompanist is coordinated and integrated into the overall vision of Summit UMC, and shall support the vision of Summit UMC as set forth by the Church Council
Supervision: The accompanist reports to the Music Director and ultimately is supervised by the Lead Pastor. Additional oversight shall be provided by the staff parish relations committee.
Summit’s Mission is to be a welcoming community that invites all people to explore their purpose, grow in their understanding of God’s love and act on that love in the world.
Summit’s Vision: Summit is an intergenerational community of faith, known for building sacred and secular partnerships, cultivating spiritual growth, and transforming our neighborhood.
Part-Time – Predominately Thursday evenings, and Sunday mornings, accompanying the choir
For more details, please refer to attached job description.
Deadline for application: Noon Friday February 8, 2019
Please forward resume to sumc [at] summitumc.org